Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cantus

I just want everyone to know that I voluntarily put myself through some massive hazing. That is what Cantus is and it was one of the best nights in Maastricht.

Basically, there is a leader, there are punishments, and there is lots of singing. OH and how could I forget...A LOT of drinking. I am so glad I never got punished, it looked horrible. One girl had to take a mixed Absinthe shot. Anyone who has hung out with me here knows I am very fond of Absinthe, but a  mixed Absinthe shot freaks me out! Plus with the amount of beer we were required to chug, it just inevitably equals getting sick.

One of my friends kept not being silent when we were told and had to chug lots and lots of beer in front of everyone. Before we drank we had to say "prosit senior prosit corona." If you forgot.. more beer. If you left your book open.. more beer. If you talked out of line.. punishment then more beer.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but it is tradition. AND SO FUN!

The only problem was... I needed to be productive the next day. Didn't happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment